Friday, January 14, 2011

AFRICA on the horizon...

Well, I am excited to say that some of you are taking seriously my last blog about the $20 every other week! And it is so cool to watch it come in! I have asked Patty to put us a “wall of givers” on the Web site. Not amounts but just so you can see what we see. I love it when a small child’s name that has donated $1 to help sponsor a missionary woman is up there with the name of an adult or adult Sunday school class, etc. that has given $500 or more to sponsor a missionary. It is awesome!

Ok and yes, I am doing the Starbuck starve!!!!!! I actually have had to laugh at myself in this challenge! The other day I was headed to Little Rock, AR to visit a friend in the hospital. When I got to Conway, AR my car just out of habit took the exit to Starbucks. I am thinking about how good that coffee and muffin will taste driving in the traffic to Little Rock, AR. It wasn’t until I actually had pulled into the Starbucks’ parking lot that I came to my senses! I just started dying laughing and took out a five and put it in my Missionaries for Africa stash. Gotta love it!

I still continue to challenge you to get on board with the challenge from the blog dated Jan. 4th 2011. (Read it please!) The challenge is at the end of the blog-reading for that day. Also, I encourage you when you click into the blog on the web site to look to the right on that page and sign up underneath "Take the challenge" to be able to receive the blog each week directly to your email. You don’t have to go into the blog every week. It will come to you automatically which keeps you in the loop!

Please pray for the missionary women that will be attending the retreat in March. Pray for their families that will be without them for 4 days -3 nights. Pray for the ministries they leave behind in order to attend. Pray that the very 50 missionaries that God wants to be there will be the first to sign up on-line. Also pray for the team, the speakers and their messages, the worship leader and the songs, the women that will head up hospitality, activities, etc. Also, pray that God will move on the hearts of people to give to sponsor missionary women to be able to attend!

Tell others that have a heart for Evangelical Bible Believing missionaries all over this world to get on board with praying, giving and going. Let’s help keep those called to the field on the field!!!! And remember, tithe to your home church first, then give to this ministry and other ministries that further the Good News of the Gospel!

Loving you guys and Love that you are taking the Challenge!
His,
vickie

Don’t want your money this week! (Can’t believe I typed those words! I’m sure Patty will not be able to believe it either along with some of the Board Members! Ha,ha,ha) However, remember this is the off week! If you didn’t send your $20 last week get on it!

No comments: