Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The sweet fragrance as the Christmas Holidays linger...

As I write this blog I am sitting at my nephew’s home in Victoria, Texas. He and his wife have just delivered their third child. This very moment my sister-in-law is chasing Admiral, the golden retriever, through the house. My nephew is running right behind them telling her “of course he is going to take off running when you open that doorway.” Admiral is back in his room now looking at me as if to say, “What did I do?”. My mom is sitting in the living room – oops, Admiral is trying to make a great escape again but my brother is using his firmest voice to let him know he better get back in that room! As I started to say, my mom is in the living room sitting on the couch holding newborn Landon. Now everyone has made it to the living room where the newborn Landon is crying the sound of a newborn! Braden, his almost 2 year old brother, is running his new Christmas cars across the living room coffee table that is just made for little boys to play on with their toys. My brother, his wife, and my other nephew (twin brother to the first nephew I mentioned) and his girlfriend from San Antonio are all playing video games and eating dessert. My nephew that lives in this house has moved to the kitchen table with me and is on his computer as well. However, secretly he is listening to the football game that is on tonight in the other room because he and his brother are in this major competition with fantasy football. Tonight’s game between the Eagles and Vikings will determine the winner between them. I love the flow of family! When times such as these are going on I fully believe that family is the most awesome unit God created! Husbands, wives, children, nieces, nephews, in-laws, out-laws, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. Ok now 1st nephew is going through the house saying “I need a field goal!” Admiral just got in trouble again and I can truly saying he didn’t do anything! Ha,ha,ha People alert…everyone is shifting! Help!

Hope you all had some special time with your families this Christmas Season!

As I listen to Braden playing and see his little red head pop up over the coffee table every once in awhile and hear everyone cooing over little Landon as well, I am reminded of this Bible truth……”What a difference a child can make”.

My prayer is that if Jesus has not made a difference in your life as of this blog, that He will by this time next Christmas Season.

Love you all,

His,
vickie

Admiral is loose again!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love it! The chaos of family is such a sweet blessing! I often feel like a relationship with Jesus has the same kind of chaos as He pervades all aspects of my life. I get settled in to and enjoy the comfort of Him in my "living room" and then there's a ruckus down the hall as He is growing me and molding me in another area of my life.

Thanks for the reminder of the blessings of family and Jesus.

Oh, and a good trick for catching the dog... run the OPPOSITE direction. The dog will think it's a game and start chasing YOU!