Tuesday, August 17, 2010

He Named Each One of Them...

This past week many eyes were turned to the heavenlies to observe the meteor showers that were to fill the skies Thursday and Friday nights. My mom’s and my eyes were no exception. I stationed some lawn chairs on top of the garage and we took our seats for the show. As we sat there waiting on the meteor shower with sweat pouring off of us and mosquito’s snacking on our delicate skin (at 11:30 p.m. I might add) we looked up into the night sky and the following verse came to mind from Isaiah 40:26….

Isaiah 40:26 (ESV)
Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these?
He who brings out their host by number,
calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might,
and because he is strong in power not one is missing
.

Isaiah 40:26 (TMS)
Look at the night skies: Who do you think made all this?
Who marches this army of stars out each night, counts them off,
calls each by name —so magnificent! So powerful!—
and never overlooks a single one?

Well, my mom and I didn’t see many meteors on Thursday night because we should have been out there at 2:30 a.m. I also camped out on top of the garage on Friday night, too, but this time it was more about being reminded of just how big My God really is!

You ever just needed that! A reminder of just how BIG GOD REALLY IS! Well I have found that flying over the U.S. and Foreign Countries helps me with that and looking up into a starry night. I know we could come up with tons more things that remind us of how BIG GOD is but with a human eye looking across that sky, well, I imagine it something like this………

God: Hey guys, it’s almost time for you. The curtain’s coming down! Darkness is settling in! Come on Sas, Kanis, Max, Hew, Vider, Brook, Joy, Amy, Josh, Hebert, and on and on and on bringing out the Stars - calling them each by name.

Wow! Calling them EACH by name! We have difficulty trying to come up with names for our children. Can you imagine Naming all the Stars! Wow! And better yet…can you imagine Knowing if just one of them is missing? Heck, we can’t even keep up with one kid in Wal-Mart!

And my favorite part of all…..

God: Hey Jet, get out there! You can’t hide from me. You know better than that!

Wow! And if one of them is missing He knows it!! That is so comforting to me! He KNOWS where I am. He Knows where you are.

My previous Pastor used to say, “do you feel like the stars are out of your sky?” Truthfully, I “feel” that way sometimes. But what gives me comfort is I KNOW the God that Knows where they are!

Next time you are down, overwhelmed, discouraged, frustrated, sad, grieved, etc., look up! HE KNOWS YOU BY NAME!

His,
vickie

No comments: