Monday, October 19, 2009

Putting on the Armor of God...

Last night, our Youth Pastor taught on the ‘Armor of God’. It reminded me of the many times I have had the opportunity to teach on that subject. My opening for that teaching is usually a question. How many of you left your home this morning naked and headed off to school, work, play, church, etc? It always draws a good laugh from the crowd. I’m sure that's because we all know what a scary sight that would be. And if you are a proponent of nudist colonies, I just want to say I’m confident Adam and Eve ruined that for you. Anyway, I start with that because of how ridiculous it would be for us to start the day without covering ourself. But, yet most ‘Believers’ walk out of their houses daily ‘spiritually naked’ and don’t think a thing about it. The Pastor also said something else that we lose sight of, “Spiritual victory is not passive; it involves daily discipline and obedience.” That’s right --discipline. One of the biggest weaknesses of the body of Christ today is self-discipline. And if you are practicing the disciplines as a believer-- being in the Word, prayer, obedience, love, etc.-- God's Word says ‘put on’ the armor. It requires action daily! Discipline puts it on! So hop over to Ephesians 6:10 and start reading and ask yourself….Is there a breeze in here? Hmmmm

His,
vickie

No comments: