Monday, January 19, 2009

Life...

Wow! Don't you just hate those days that start out for no apparent reason "down" hill. I mean you had your quiet time, you met with the LORD, you love His Word. And then you walk out the door into life and BAM! Now, I'm not talking about a big 'trauma' of some kind. I'm talking about some minnows. I heard a speaker once share this illustration, "I'd rather be eaten by a shark then nibbled to death by a minnow." I guess you'd say the minnows are nibbling today! I know this doesn't sound all spiritual and everything but it's just the truth! And don't think I haven't had a few cries lifted up to the LORD today because I have. But, you know what I have figured out over the years. I am sooooooooo slow when it comes to recognizing the enemy at work on me. My little logical mind wants to find a logical reason for every thought, feeling and emotion. You know what the truth is….some days are just hell storm days. I taught on that once. Obviously, I wasn't listening to the message! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

I say all this to say, I 'm glad I can just be honest with you about life. I'm thinking that God intended for us to be real with one another. In fact, if we would all stop pretending we are sooooooo okay all the time, we actually may be able to come alongside each other for the kingdom's sake! Anyway, just some thoughts…. See you on the other side of the storm because as you know…this too shall pass!!!

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Dee Dee Hill said...

Vickie,

I love that I've found your blog. You always have the most inspirational words. I can so relate to your day on 1/19/2009. My somewhat logical mind tends to find a reason for everything and "overanalyze".

I always go back to my favorite verse on those days, PHIL 4:13 - We can do ALL things thru Christ who strengthens me.

Take care,
Dee Dee