Monday, November 3, 2008

From the Mouth of Babes...

If you keep up with our blog you have probably heard me talk about the 4th-6th grade Sunday School class I help with or have seen them on a blog. There is soooooooo never a dull moment with the kids. Yesterday, I was teaching them about prayer. We were in Matthew 6: 1-13 and I was helping them to break down the verses. In verse 2 when we came to the word ‘hypocrites’ I stopped and asked the class, “Can anyone tell me the definition of the word ‘hypocrite’?” Immediately a hand shot up. Yes, I said. The student stated, “Someone who tells you not to do something and then they do it themselves.” Very good, I responded. Can anyone else give a definition of the word ‘hypocrite’? Immediately, another hand went up. Yes, I said. The student responded, “A democrat.” Now I have to tell you, that was funny I don’t care who you are! I laughed so hard I could hardly regroup.

Of course the kids had NO IDEA why the other teacher and I found such laughter in that moment! Moms and Dads I want to share something with you. Your kids hear you. They watch, listen, and learn from you whether you take responsibility for that or not. When I shared with the parents what had gone on in class they got a good laugh and the realization that ‘little pictures have big ears’. Moms and dads what are you teaching those precious ones God has given you watch-care over? Be still and listen to them some time and find your answer.

In regard to Pure Joy news we are officially full regarding our registrations for the Poland retreat. We actually started a waiting list last week and encourage those interested to go ahead and sign up on the waiting list. Most retreats we end up with people that have come back to the states for some reason or another and we are able to move women off the waiting list to the actually retreat. Our theme for Poland is, “Trust His Word”. The verse is Psalms 119: 11. Your Word have I hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”

I ask all of you to start praying for the Poland retreat and the sponsoring churches. Right now we have one sponsoring church. We need 3 more. If your church is interested please contact us and I will be glad to contact you and spend time with you.

Also, wanted to encourage you to be praying for us as we have another trip that we are working out details on. It is being held in an undisclosed area. Your prayers and support are important to us regarding this trip. We have a church that is taking donations towards this trip as a missions project for their women’s ministry in Albuquerque. We are so excited about that because we will not have specific sponsoring churches for this retreat. Therefore we are praying for and counting on donations from you as you feel led. The team will be made up of a very small group of women that have experience traveling with the ministry. I will have Patty put together a estimated cost of the retreat and post it after I have met with our ministry staff next week.

Praying for all of you that you are allowing God to stretch you and be your El Shaddai.

His,
vickie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! What that kid said! Thanks for sharing. I love your blog. I'm so excited about the Pure Joy Ministry. God used it in such a big way in my life. The blessing from last February continues as I am involved in a missionary Bible study and a small accountability group with ladies I met at the retreat. Thanks for your encouragement. Love ya, Lora Briley aka Cara's Mom